To accommodate a broad range of candidates, NBE has devised a schedule that includes two separate shifts for the entrance test. The morning shift will take place from 9 AM to 11:30 AM, while the afternoon shift is scheduled from 2 PM to 4:30 PM.
Group-based exam: In a departure from the previous format, NEET-SS 2023 introduces a group-based examination structure, where the paper exclusively includes questions from the primary feeder of the chosen broad speciality. This contrasts with the prior system where candidates were restricted to choosing only two super specialities, with the exam paper comprising 60% super speciality and 40% feeder broad speciality questions.
Now, candidates have the flexibility to select any super speciality aligned with their chosen feeder subject, fostering a more comprehensive assessment of their expertise within their broad speciality. This shift reflects the evolving landscape of medical education and specialization, aiming to produce well-rounded medical professionals better prepared for the demands of their chosen super-speciality courses.
Question Paper: The NEET SS 2023 question paper comprises 150 questions to be answered within 2 ½ hours (150 minutes). These questions are drawn from both the General/Basic component of the primary feeder broad speciality subject and all sub-specialty/systems/components of that primary feeder subject. All 150 questions align with the Post Graduate Exit level curriculum of the primary feeder broad speciality subject.
Marking Scheme: The marking scheme for NEET SS 2023 involves a 25% deduction for incorrect answers, while no marks are deducted for unattempted questions. Each Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) is allocated marks as follows: a correct response earns 4 marks, an incorrect response results in a deduction of 1 mark, and unattempted questions carry a score of zero. This system ensures that candidates are rewarded for correct answers, penalized for incorrect ones, but face no consequences for questions they choose not to answer.
Important Details for Candidates
• Exam Date: September 29 and 30
•Exam Time: Morning shift – 9 AM to 11:30 AM, Afternoon shift – 2 PM to 4:30 PM
• Exam Mode: Computer-based
•Exam Pattern: The exam will be a group-based exam, with each candidate able to opt for any of the super specialties as per feeder subject. The question paper will consist of 150 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) to be attempted in 2 ½ hours.
• Marking Scheme: There will be 25% negative marking for incorrect answers. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
|Entry and Registration Starts
|Grant access for Candidate Login
|Candidates log in to read instructions
|Exam Start Time
|Exam End Time
Tips for Candidates
• Arrive at the exam centre early to avoid any last-minute rush.
• Carry your admit card and other necessary documents to the exam centre.
• Read the instructions carefully before starting the exam.
• Attempt all the questions, even if you are unsure of the answer. There is a negative marking for incorrect answers, but no marks are deducted for unattempted questions.
• Mark the questions that you are unsure of for review. You can review them later at the end of the exam.
• Keep calm and focused during the exam.
We wish all the best to all the candidates appearing for the NEET SS 2023 exam!