The meeting was attended by Rajiva Singh, President, Prof Rajesh Sahay – Secretary General, Shri JC Kala – Patron, Smt Nisha Rai – Secretary & Ankit Shrivastava – Board member.
Following issues of high rise societies were discussed in length with the Shri Lokesh today .
- Safety in high rise societies
a. Structural safety – All high rise societies should have a physical inspection carried out by Noida Authority to ascertain if any structural defects exist in the structure so that a detailed structural audit can be carried out ,if required.
b. Fire safety – need of proper audits before handing over by developers and providing proper support infrastructure for fire safety in high rise societies.
c. Lift safety : Lift act on immediate basis , replicating existing acts from other state in UP on immediate basis needed
d. Balcony safety – frequent accidental deaths occurring because of fall from unsafe boundary walls in a balcony
- CAQM , DG set guidelines issued for residential societies cannot be implemented due to lack of available infrastructure in the market place and lack of funds with AOAs . The societies need minimum of two years for implementing such orders.
- UP Apartment Act needs to be implemented in the true sense across all high rise societies. The Act needs revisions on several points which as a result would help in better governance in societies . Timely election processes with overall monitoring by Noida Authority representatives will help societies .
- Builder buyer issues & registeries – with Amitabh Kant committee recommendations, we can expect some relief in future on the pending registeries and around 200 stalled projects having around 2 lac incomplete apartments of home buyers .
- Handing over of societies by builders . The biggest pain area for home buyers . A nodel officer requested from Noida Authority so that AOAs do not have to run pillar to post for handing over process .
- Cluster based approach for SWM16 compliances for highrise societies should be implemented across Noida.
- Drinking water needs to be made more palatable in the region .
The common objective is to improve the quality of life of home dwellers living in high rise societies. CEO assured to have a meeting with highrise society representatives very soon to take this further .