In 2020, AIMA introduced a new form of the Management Aptitude Test (MAT) known as the MAT Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT). This MAT IBT mode allows candidates to secure admission into MBA and PGDM programmes offered by MAT-participating colleges.
Check out the steps to launch the test, the system requirements to take the test without any glitches, and troubleshooting guide to avoid any errors and difficulties in attempting the internet-based test.
How to launch the MAT IBT 2023 Test?
In order to give the MAT 2023 in IBT mode candidates are required to ensure that they fulfill the system requirements. Given below table can be referred to by candidates with regard to the requirements.
1. Launch MAT IBT
- Visit the official website and go to the option available to start the MAT IBT.
- The test will start in a separate window. Click on the ‘Launch Test’ button to begin the test.
2. Select The Option
- Candidates who do not have MSB (Mettl Secure Browser) installed on their system will see an option on their screens as – ‘DOWNLOAD MSB’.
- Click on the download MSB button and install MSB through the given instructions.
- If the MSB is already installed on your system then you can skip to Step 4.
3. Install MSB
- The setup files for MSB will be downloaded to your system.
- Now open the downloaded files to complete the installation process.
- In the End-User Licence Terms window, check the box next to ‘I agree to the license terms and conditions.
- Click on Install.
- The installation will be successfully done and the MSB icon will be displayed on the system.
4. Open MSB
- After successful MSB installation, click on the option given as ‘PROCEED TO TEST’ in Step 2.
- On another page, click on ‘Launch Test’.
- A pop-up window will be displayed, click on ‘Open MSB’.
- You will be shown a system warning asking you to close any unrequited applications. Click on ‘OK” to close all the applications.
5. Give Permissions
- You will be asked to provide permission to use the camera and microphone of your system, so ‘Click on Allow’.
- Click on ‘Next’ to start the test.
6. Provide Details
- A form will appear, fill in your details such as email, first name, organisation, date of birth, contact no., gender, and country.
- Then click on Next.
7. Submit the Snapshot
- You will be asked to submit a snapshot of your face and your ID.
- To initiate the process, position your face within the displayed margins on the screen and take a snapshot of your face. Then, proceed by clicking on “Next.”
- In the second step, ensure your ID is placed within the outlined area shown on the screen and take a snapshot of your ID. Afterward, click on “Submit.”
8. Wait for Authorisation
- The administering authority will authenticate the snapshots of your face and ID prior to granting access to begin the examination.
- AIMA has specified that it may take around 2 to 3 minutes for the authorisation to be complete.
- If the snapshots submitted are not clear, you will have to resubmit the snapshots.
- On the next screen, follow the instructions and submit the required snapshot(s).
9. Begin with the Test
A pop-up window will appear, showing a notification that the test will be under surveillance. Confirm your consent by clicking on ‘Proceed to Test.’
System Requirements to Take AIMA MAT IBT 2023
To participate in the MAT IBT test 2023, candidates need to have a laptop or computer equipped with a webcam and a stable internet connection. It is important for candidates to check their device’s compatibility with the MAT IBT test in advance to avoid any type of technical issues during the examination.
Browsers that are compatible to run the MAT IBT are Google Chrome (version 63 or above) and Mozilla Firefox (version 52 or above).
In order to install the MSB on your system, the following requirements must be met;
► Operating systems – Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
► .NET Framework – Version 4.5.1 or above
► Memory – 65 MB of permanent free space on the default drive
Trouble Shooting Guide
AIMA has published a troubleshooting manual on its official website, aimed at assisting MAT 2023 IBT exam candidates who might face technical challenges. Given that candidates opt for remote proctored IBT mode, using the MAT Trouble Shooting Guide, the candidates can find ways to resolve the technical issue on their own.